Flu vaccine appointments are available to book now for those 18-64 years at risk. Over 65's will be sent an appointment for a community clinic, children will be vaccinated either at school or a community clinic.
If you've developed a continuous cough, fever/high temp or loss of taste/smell in the last 7 days, stay at home for 14 days from the day your symptoms started. Patients with coronavirus symptoms are asked to phone NHS 24 (111) if symptoms are severe or do not improve after 7 days. PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THE GP SURGERY.
We would like to thank our patients for the high level of patience they have shown for the major changes made to our practice systems in order to appropriately respond to the current coronavirus pandemic. A summary of these changes and further information on coronavirus is detailed below:
- * If you have developed a new continuous cough, fever/high temp or loss of taste/smell stay at home for14days from the day your symptoms started. Any members of your household should self isolate for a period of 14 days from the start of your symptoms.
- * If you have a routine query regarding mild symptoms or government advice, please refer to www.nhsinform website in the first instance as you may find all the information you need there.
- * If you are experiencing prolonged or severe symptoms please call NHS 24 on 111, or call the practice if during normal working hours.
- * Sick lines/fit notes for employers for people self isolating can be accessed at the www.nhsinform website without consulting a doctor.
- * All requests for appointments will now be passed to a doctor or nurse for a telephone appointment, either the day you phone, or the following day if calling in the afternoon.
- * If waiting on a call back from doctor or nurse, please ensure we have correct phone numbers and that you are available to answer the phone at all times during the allotted period.
- * After a telephone appointment patients can be appointed for a face to face consultation at the practice or a video consultation if the doctor or nurse feels this is necessary and it is safe and practical to do.
- * Please do not order prescriptions early or request larger quantities than usual. Similar to the situation in supermarkets, stockpiling of medication is leading to serious shortages of some essential medicines, leaving some in most need, without access to essential medicines such as their asthma or COPD inhalers.
With patients' needs at the heart of everything we do, our website has been designed to make it easy for you to gain instant access to the information you need. As well as specific practice details such as opening hours and how to register, you’ll find a wealth of useful pages covering a wide range of health issues along with links to other relevant medical organisations.
Get Well, Keep Well
Of course we’re not just here for when you are unwell. Our team of healthcare professionals and back-up staff offer a number of clinics and services to promote good health and wellbeing whatever your medical condition.
We hope you enjoy having a look around the site and familiarising yourself with some of the online features such as ordering a repeat prescription. Whatever your thoughts, be sure to let us know via our feedback function. Comments and suggestions are always a great way of helping us continue to enhance the way we look after you.
The health centre is fully equipped and is easily accessible to the disabled, the elderly and parents of young children. There is a baby changing area and children’s play area. We have a large car park with reserved spaces for disabled patients.
(Site updated 18/09/2020)